|Twelve graduating high school seniors (from CEMC five county service area) will be awarded $1000 academic scholarships. Each scholarship is to be used toward tuition, text books, and/or required class materials after the winner has enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited Tennessee college, university, or trade school of his/her choice. Scholarship awards are payable directly to the institution upon proof of enrollment.
1. Student must be a graduating high school senior whose parents or guardian is a member of and receives electric service from CEMC at their primary place of residence.
2. Applicants shall be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full time student at an accredited Tennessee college, university (Murray State & Western KY included) or trade school of their choice by Fall 2019.
3. Eligible students must submit two favorably written references, one from a teacher or school official and another from a community leader. Letters of reference must be signed and either verified by counselor or mailed directly to CEMC.
4. An essay with a minimum of 300 words must be submitted with application on a separate piece of paper. The essay should be typed and double spaced and will be judged on subject content, composition, grammar, and neatness. Please see number 5 on application for writing prompt.
5. Student must have attained a minimum 3.0 CUMULATIVE GPA for scholarship eligibility. Attach photocopy of official transcript and ACT scores.
6. Children of CEMC employees, directors, attorneys, or of TECA and TVA employees are not eligible.
After completing this application in its entirety, please confirm that the following documents are attached to this application:
1. Two signed letters of recommendation
2. Photocopy of official transcript and ACT scores. 3. Required essay.
Application is due no later than February 21st!